KDPW_CCP Vice President Sławomir Panasiuk Appointed Chairman of the WIBOR Council
Mr Sławomir Panasiuk, Vice-President of KDPW_CCP, has been appointed Chairman of the WIBOR Council at the Council’s meeting on 19 October 2015. Mr Norbert Jeziolowicz was appointed Secretary to the WIBOR Council.
The Council is responsible for overseeing the Fixing, the compliance of the Fixing Participants and Organiser with the Rules, and the determination and publication of the WIBID and WIBOR reference rates.
In addition, acting pursuant to the Rules, the Council regularly reviews the Fixing and the compliance of the Fixing Participants with the Rules, periodically reviews the number of Fixing Participants and the compliance of the Calculating Agent with the WIBID and WIBOR Fixing calculation agreement with the Organiser, approves modifications of the Fixing and amendments of the Rules proposed by the Organiser, and approves the award of the Fixing Participant status proposed by the Organiser.
The Council is comprised of eight members appointed for a term of two years, who have the necessary expertise and professional experience in the operation of the financial market in Poland.
The members of the WIBOR Council of the second term of office 2015-2017 (in alphabetical order):
- Jerzy Bańka – Vice President of the Polish Bank Association, member nominated by the Polish Bank Association
- Prof. Dr hab. Marian Górski – Chair of Economic Financial Systems and Head of the Banking and Money Markets Department, Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw, member nominated by the Chairperson of the Polish Financial Supervision Authority
- Norbert Jeziolowicz – Director, Retail Banking and Financial Markets Section, Polish Bank Association, member nominated by the Polish Bank Association
- Marta Kępa – President of ACI Polska
- Bartłomiej Małocha – Vice President of ACI Polska, member nominated by the Management Board of ACI Polska
- Sławomir Panasiuk - Vice President of the Management Board of KDPW_CCP, member recommended by KDPW_CCP
- Dr hab. Mieczysław Puławski - Extraordinary Professor, Department of International Capital Markets, Chair of Capital Markets, Warsaw School of Economics, member nominated by the Minister of Finance of Poland
- Grzegorz Zawada - Vice President of the Management Board of the Warsaw Stock Exchange, member nominated by GPW