Summary of the KDPW_CCP Strategy 2017-2021
KDPW_CCP S.A. is a member of the KDPW Group, which in addition to typical post-trade infrastructure services also provides value-added services closely related to the core business of the Group in a comprehensive offer for financial market participants active in Poland.
The scope of services offered by KDPW_CCP S.A. covers both core services (clearing of transactions on the organised market, management of the clearing risk including collateral management), as well as complementary services provided centrally to participants (OTC derivatives clearing and intermediation in the reporting transactions in all classes of derivatives to the trade repository KDPW_TR).
As a member of the KDPW Group, the clearing house KDPW_CCP pursues the mission and vision of the Group and takes initiatives that grow the value of KDPW_CCP, develop a portfolio of services of the Group, and unlock synergies between clearing services and settlement and depository services.
The development strategy for 2017-2021 was approved by the KDPW_CCP Supervisory Board in December 2016.
Mission of KDPW_CCP
To offer effective and reliable services that ensure the safety of trading on the financial market and cover:
Vision of KDPW_CCP
- risk management system;
- intermediation in reporting to a trade repository;
- other services in business segments closely related to the core activities including the implementation of solutions supporting the functioning and development of the Polish financial market.
To create an organisation which:
- uses innovative technologies to build an integrated portfolio of clearing services and value-added services in a comprehensive offer for financial market participants;
- works for the stability of the Polish financial system in active co-operation with Polish and foreign market participants;
- addresses market needs and challenges of competition as a clearing infrastructure institution of first choice for Polish entities active on the local and international market and for foreign entities active in Poland.
Strategic goals of KDPW_CCP in 2017-2021:
GOAL 1:To maintain and develop the position of KDPW_CCP as a first-choice provider of clearing services for the Polish financial market in view of market challenges posed by EU regulations
by means of:
GOAL 2: To diversify revenues by offering value-added services of KDPW_CCP derived from business and regulatory opportunities and the needs of participants of the Polish financial market and trading organisers
- ensuring competitive services to market operators, participants and investors in view of changing regulatory and market conditions by clearing transactions on organised markets in different classes of assets;
- extending authorisations to new services in compliance with EU regulations;
- maintaining the position of a first-choice institution for Polish:
- trading venues in the clearing of listed financial instruments;
- clearing system participants in the clearing of transactions on organised markets.
by means of:
GOAL 3: To expand to foreign markets with KDPW_CCP’s clearing services offer
- developing a comprehensive offer of value-added services of KDPW_CCP complementary to the core services, aligned with the changing needs of participants, both on the organised and OTC markets, and tailored to the needs of trading operators;
- obtaining the necessary authorisations for value-added services of KDPW_CCP;
- removing barriers to the development of services for financial markets in Poland in co-operation with market participants and related entities.
by means of:
GOAL 4: To improve the efficiency of KDPW_CCP in view of market and technological challenges
- removing barriers to the access of foreign clients to clearing in Poland and access of Polish investors to clearing on foreign markets via KDPW_CCP;
- implementing recognised international technologies and harmonising solutions to develop and use interoperational links;
- leveraging business and regulatory opportunities of co-operation between KDPW_CCP and foreign infrastructure institutions;
- representing by the KDPW_CCP the interests of the Polish capital market in the development of opinions and positions on draft international regulations and standards through the work of international industry organisations of CCPs clearing houses.
by means of:
- improving the efficiency of technologies including:
- prioritising standard operational and technological solutions compliant with the international market practice;
- development of KDPW_CCP’s IT systems;
- offering new methods of access by participants to KDPW_CCP’s IT systems;
- raising the excellence of maintenance standards and change management of KDPW_CCP’s IT systems;
- improving risk management to support the security of information communication technology in line with the latest standards and market practice;
- developing KDPW_CCP’s fee policy taking into account:
- low margins on offered services;
- the size of the market, changing trends in the competitive environment, regulatory requirements;
- effective management of resources based on:
- existing and new competences by building human capital;
- research and development policies matched with the needs and goals of the organisation.